Thursday, November 5, 2009

The Symmetry of Water




Before I begin I'd like to give a couple of shoutouts.

First to A New Kind of Art by Josh Reeves. http://jreevesart.blogspot.com
He's a lanky-muppety sorta fellow who looks like Jim on the Office and plays drums like Wilco's Glenn Kotche
His art embodies sexy. You can see for yourself. (Also, I took the pictures he has up.)

Next: The Working Paper's by Micah Rains. http://micahrains.blogspot.com
I'm not jealous at all that he got to spend a month in India doing ministry. Not jealous whatsoever. No even in the slightest. Really, I'm not.

All right, now that's out of the way. I've found myself enthralled by the beauty of water. We live on a planet finely tuned to carry liquid water and thus support intelligent life, which not only allows me to take these pictures, but to appreciate the beauty of it.

Still water creates a perfect mirror. I think these are among the most beautiful pictures I've taken.

The lower pond of Juden Creek, lit in Autumn's blaze




These next three were taken at the Tree Farm
one of my favorite places on earth

Tree Farm at Twilight
(actual twilight, not those books and movies I've
neither viewed nor read)





The next four were taken at the Silver Mine over Labor Day, and with my Canon powershot





Cherokee Lagoon
(I've swam from one end to the other. I remember Bobby Brune got a leach.)



Scivally Bridge


Bollinger Mill



Cape County North

Here we are back at lower pond of Juden Creek
This was Summer

Same pond, at the start of Spring
Missouri's by no means known for beautiful, or even tasty water. Still, it has it's own subtle beauty nonetheless.

I was recently challenged to do something more with my photos, rather my ability to capture such images. I'd like to answer that challenge, though I'm not necessarily sure how to. But then if I did it wouldn't be a challenge.

We'll see what happens. I'm excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment